At the soum level, PUGs work together to form the Association of Pasture User Groups, or Soum Pasture Users Association (SPAA). Soum Pasture Users Association NGO is a non-profit legal entity authorized to support the activities of pasture user groups, ensure coordination, and represent their common interests and implement the following main activities. These include:
- Coordinate and coordinate cooperation between PUgs, facilitate communication,
- Provide coordination and support to PUGs in their dealings with local governments
- Protecting the interests of herders in local government decision-making,
- Coordinate all pasture use, protection and improvement activities with local governments based on herders' suggestions
- Provide information, training, dissemination services and marketing services to herders and PUgs
- PUGs will be provided with integrated management and leadership.
- Membership is voluntary
- Equality (rich, poor, men and women, age and sex)
- Transparency (Any issue is open to the public)
- Integrity (Only the principle of fairness should be followed in resolving issues)
- Be independent (Soum and local associations will operate independently of aimag and capital city associations, and associations in aimags and the capital city will act as representatives of soum associations)
- Decentralized management (Decisions are made from the bottom up)
- Universal (Activities involving all members. It is against the purpose of the association to serve the interests of one or a group of people)
- Not only herders but also other organizations and individuals can become members.
- Specialized (Professionals can be specialized in specific areas, such as farmers, herders, farmers, etc.) & nbsp;